Wednesday 25 July 2012

2 Kilometers

2 Kilometers. 2 tiny kilometers have brought me 12906 Kilometers to New Zealand, the other side of the globe. It has been just over 6 weeks since I arrived in this far flung corner of the planet to train at a higher intensity than ever before with the express intention of being able to cover 2 short kilometers just a little bit faster. Today was the day. My last day. The day of my 2K test. It all came down to this. My goal was to break 6 minutes and 30 seconds. This was my last shot to do it in New Zealand. I did my warm up, I had been practicing it all week. I set my monitor for 2 kilometers. "On the job. Attention. GO." 6 minutes and 28 seconds later I collapsed in the glorious agony that is success. Never before in my life had I covered this distance in so short a time, never before in my life had I felt quite like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment